Fricking Fleas.

Future Cardiologist's legs still look horrific... From day to day it changes, some days they look practically healed, some days they look like hamburger meat. His last appointment was with a dermatologist who informed me that he wasn't "Hypersensitive to Mostquito Bites" like I had been told by countless experts, they were flea bites.

Flea Bites? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot????

She Who Rules, Mr. Epi Junky, and myself don't have as much as a single mostquito bite on us, let alone countless flea bites. I had never seen a flea on Mange the cat, not even once, in the five years we've had her. And Future Cardiologist is deathly afraid of her. That cat and my son are seldom in the same room.

Could I be that clueless? How could I not know that my son has been eaten alive by fleas?

*SIGH*

Apparently I have been. An angel emailed me and suggested I give the cat a bath and comb her while she's in the water. Apparently the evil bastards don't like this and make themselves known pretty quickly as they jump ship and drown miserable deaths.

I now have a new pastime. I've become borderline psychotic on these fleas. In the last few days I've flea bombed. Had the cat dipped. And layed down flea traps and a nice Borax/Diatomacious Earth mixture. I counted several drowning fleas.

"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

There's a nice movie quote for you :) And actually, I'm counting on the little bastards moving. Makes them easier to decapitate. I've definitely seen the number of them go down, even in just a few days.

Unfortunately they continue to feast on my son, which just makes me sick. The dermatologist suggested I spray him with bug spray (Does he not know what DEET does to a human??? Okay, so I'm *lightly* spraying him.) and put flea collars on his legs until I get the fleas out. I refuse to put flea collars around his ankles. Jesus Christ. From everything I've read they don't really work anyway.

Maybe I should go buy a few flea collars.

I could just cry for him right now, he's on on multiple drugs which make him either wired or extremely sleepy, he's on a steroid cream... He's getting teased at school, and he's making excuses to stay home. Which is not like him at all. We have another doctors appointment tomorrow. I'm actually considering going to my mom's house with him to stay until the fleas are gone.

No comments: