My *other* love...



And no, I'm not talking about Patrick Dempsey. Although he is terribly yummy.

I'm talking about photography.

I've had a camera in my hands in some way shape or for as long as I can remember. I've worked in photo labs, photography studios, and have done some freelance work. I'm NOT a professional in that I don't make my living doing this, although one day I'd love to be able to work solely as a photographer.

This past weekend I shot Pseudo Dad's wedding. It was without a doubt the most fun I've ever had photographing a wedding (other than his daughter's, which I also shot). Shooting a wedding is definitely an adrenaline (er...uhm...epi?) rush. It definitely got my heart pumping. I felt like I ran a marathon the next day. Normally I'm pretty calm. Calm was nowhere in sight last weekend.

The pictures turned out beautifully, it helps when you have a gorgeous Bride to work with. The pictures kind of set themselves up.

The couple is obnoxiously cute together... Some couples aren't. I've had couples simply fall to pieces as soon as the cake is cut. A Bride wearing red velvet wedding cake on a $2,000 dress does NOT make her a happy bride. I've had a Maid-Of-Honor take off with the wedding rings because she's pissed at the Bride. I've seen the ENTIRE Grooms party show up to the wedding so hung over that I had concerns about someone throwing up during the service or passing out during the pictures, again, not a way to make your new Bride happy.

Without revealing too much in the way of identifiable information, here's a few of my favorite shots, from this weekend and a few others.









No comments: