My thanks...

I've been blogging for a relatively short period of time, since July of last year through this site, a little longer through Myspace.

In that time I've had the honor of coming across some truly spectacular folks out there. Tremendously talented, sometimes making me laugh out loud, sometimes reducing me to tears. Always sharing their stories, their experiences, their talents, their support.

It occurred to me recently that I haven't done much in the way of thanking you folks, the authors of some of my absolute FAVORITE blogs.

Ambulance Driver. The first blog that I read religiously. A hugely talented writer, paramedic, instructor, and father. Make sure you check out his ongoing novel, Star of Life. I think I spent close to three days reading his archives.

Blue Ridge Medic. Brand new Daddy and Medic. One of his posts on Rage and Nursing homes really struck home with me, as well as this one on how an EMS (or medical education in general) can be a curse.

Cranky Prof. I want to be her when I grow up. Seriously. She's a professor of English at a university, Mother to some ridiculously cute kids, wickedly sarcastic and "a wee bit cynical". Had it not been for her Wear a Toga post last week I would have been ill prepared for work.

Crzegrl (Emily). Posts some of the most incredible video blogs I've ever seen. Emily is a flight nurse, has a military background, and is one of the fiercest women I've ever had the honor of knowing. Bonus points for her blog on becoming a flight nurse and the post on ADOBSO, which I suffer from.

David McMahon's Authorblog. My favorite Aussie! I have yet to come across a blog where a professional author and photographer shares his advice, talent, and encouragement so freely. David is an immensely talented author, his first novel, Vegemite Vindaloo was published in 2006 and was on the bestseller lists from July to December. His photography posts have helped me look at everyday objects from a different perspective, and his Posts of the Day highlight talented bloggers (it's an excellent source for finding new blogs to read, like I need more!).

Detail Medic's Life in the Firehouse. Medic, Instructor, Firefighter, Honor Guard member. Kick ass female. Her LODD posts are reminders that particularly in this industry, we need to take care of ourselves and that life is sometimes heartbreakingly short. She rocks her job in a Firehouse surrounded by a bunch of guys.

Meat in the Seat (aka wegotableeder aka MedicMarch). He's baaaaack. Posts like this and this are why I eagerly check my feedreader every day hoping to find a post by him. I can't put my finger on it, but after reading his posts he strikes me as the type of person I'd get along with well, and the type of Medic I'd love to have as a partner.

Sam at Medic 61. (On The Clock) I adore Sam. I don't know what else to say. She has a beautiful way with words, one of my favorite posts by her is Rain. Another is Sweet Baby James, which just makes me glad that she's around to be there for her patients. To do what she can, for the period of time she is with them. You rock, sister!

TS at Other People's Emergencies. He's on hiatus while serving in the military, but the archives are more than worth the read. He's got some great stories from working the streets in Boston as a Medic.

Kyle at That Paramedic Student is a Stress Case.
Who is now a Medic. He doesn't post nearly as much as I wish he would, but life happens. He and I went through school about the same time, he survived, I didn't. But one of my inspirations to get back in the saddle. He's also one of the first "friends" I made when I started blogging.

RevMedic at EMS Haiku.
His combination of funky Haiku, beautiful photography, and EMS posts make him one of my absolute favorites. (I have similiar issues with getting manual BP's in the back of the truck, btw!) Oh, and he lives in some GORGEOUS country!

Rocky Mountain Medic. Another one who I wish posted more. Much like Ambulance Driver, I spent some time going through his archives.... Very talented writer, fiction and non. This post literally took my breath away. Here's parts one and two of a piece of fiction he wrote. Just EXCELLENT stuff.

Peter Canning at Street Watch. Yet another unbelievably talented (and published) writer. This post on the increase in bariatric runs (and use of the bari-cot, the bane of my existence and source of my back pain) is excellent.

Hammer at When your only tool is a hammer. Not only is he one of my top commenters (Thanks dear!) he can consistently make me think, and laugh, and appreciate life in general. His videos are an excellent release when one might be...stressed out, and his political beliefs are right on with mine.

Emergency Emily at Bandaids and Backboards
. Another person who I'd LOVE to go out and have a beer with. Any girl who is as pro gun as I am (even more so, and SO unbelievingly well spoken about it) has got to be cool :) She's recently engaged, a premed student, highly intelligent, and posts about a wide variety of subjects. Btw, this might be one of my faves...

FyremanDoug at "No more runnin'". One of my favorite people. I have a special place in my heart for firefighters, volly or professional, full time, part time... I don't care. This guy's posts on firefighting, music, his family, guns, or just general silliness always entertain me.

And finally...For something completely different...

NannyOgg at Our Deer Baby. Seven kids. SEVEN BEAUTIFUL KIDS! Holy cow I don't know how she does it, but she definitely deserves the Mother of the Year award. It's a feel good blog, I can always count on her to make me smile with pics of the kids, stories of geocaching, and stuff like this.

This is not all inclusive, as there are several other blogs I read daily... These are my MUST READ NOW blogs. They're also the ones I'm more than likely to comment on. Go give them a read.

Thank you, to all of you, for sharing your lives with us. Thank you for sharing your joy, your pain, your strengths, and your weaknesses. I've not met one of you, yet I feel like I know you all. Some of you better than my own real, true life friends.

Epijunky

9 comments:

Medic61 said...

Epi--
You literally made me speechless, which is a rare occurance. I was sitting with two friends and read them what you said, because I was so touched. You're amazing, and really inspiring. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I think I'll copy you, if you don't mind.
--Sam

Epijunky said...

You're welcome dear, it's certainly earned.

Copy away :)

Epi

Ambulance Driver said...

Thank yew, thank yew verra mush...

New Star of Life chapter coming in the next day or two, by the way.

Epijunky said...

WOOOO STAR OF LIFE! You would think my birthday was tomorrow instead of next week.

Thanks for dropping by AD, means a lot to me.

EE said...

Thanks dude!

david mcmahon said...

W
O
W

Thank you ever so much!!

Unknown said...

Awwww, thank you!

Love you too! I have to say that your blog is one of the ones I always look forward to reading, great pictures, great writing.

I have read some of the blogs you mention in this post, will have to check out more of them!

Karen

RevMedic said...

Thanks for the nice comments. Your blog is one of my favs, too.

Anonymous said...

I am speechless...which has only happened a few times in my life. To be included in such a list, by one of my fav bloggers?

All I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart.