I've been tagged! HOLY CRAP :)

Twice in fact. Once awhile back, don't know how I missed that one, Sam. :)

So Sam from On the Clock and Kim from As The Pump Turns (who's blog I'm really growing to LOVE) have both tagged me with similar memes... I've decided to be a rebel and combine them (and tinker a bit with them... like I said... I'm a REBEL!!!!).

The rules:
Six word memoir. Write one.

Six pictures that best describe you. Preferably with a short explanation. Or something.

Six songs you identify the most with (Or have the fondest memories associated with... or something like that... Hey, I'm not big on rules right now)


Hrmm... six six six. Maybe I should name this hybrid meme "Mark of the Devil".

Don't mind me folks, I've got a load of benedryl on board thanks to my hellacious allergies. Okay, so here we go.

My six word memoir...

Don't dismiss me I'm not done.


And my six photos from the top left :

That's me with my third baby, my camera. We're seldom apart.

She Who Rules on her third birthday. My children are my oxygen. Every single thing I do is for them or because of them.

That's me with some friends at an EMS conference. My EMS friends are my second family.

From the bottom left:

Some of the tools of my job (yes, in toy form, but still). My job is part of my identity.

My son, Future Cardiologist. The boy who singlehandedly taught me about mutual unconditional love and adoration.

And finally, the last photo is meant to symbolize reaching for my dreams, no matter how impossible and far away they seem. That's me on the day of my buddy flight for LifeFlight in Toledo. Eight of the most amazing hours of my life. I'm going to be up there one day.

Finally, the six songs (All of which I've heard more than once in the last week:

Want To - Sugarland
I LOVE this song. It reminds me of how exciting it is at the beginning of a relationship, the uncertainty of it all, and how sometimes just giving in and not over analyzing every little thing can bring amazing results.
My favorite line: "Yeah we both got dreams we could chase alone, or we could make our own."

Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
I want to thank McHottie for reminding how much I LOVE Bob Marley. We had a patient this week (I'll post more on her later) who was singing along to this song when he played it. And she's nine years old. It was possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen.
My favorite line: "Don't worry about a thing, cuz every little thing is gonna be alright."

Save Me - Shinedown
I saw this band play at Rock on the Range, and they were AMAZING! The crowd was absolutely insane during this song, and I might have even had a nitrile covered fist in the air.
My favorite line: "How did I get here and what went wrong? Couldn't handle forgiveness, now I'm far beyond gone."

Better When We're Together - Jack Johnson
McHottie introduced me to Jack Johnson's music, and I've been hooked ever since. It's so laid back and calm, and it's great music to nap in the truck to. He proposed we use this song to put together a slide show of the partners at work for the Christmas Party. (It would not be the typical slide show I have a feeling.)
My favorite line: "Love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart."

Forever and For Always - Shania Twain
I haven't been much of a fan of hers, but this song is one of my favorites. I can rock this one out at karaoke :) It's one those songs that just make me smile and feel warm and fuzzy inside :)
My favorite line: "And there ain't way I'm letting you go now, and there ain't no way, and there ain't no how, never see that day..."

Edited to add the song I forgot :) Thanks Sam!

Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
It's my new anthem. That's all I have to say.
My favorite line: "Drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten."

4 comments:

Medic61 said...

You only have 5 songs!!!

:P

I love your memoir, though. You're awesome.

none said...

What a cool meme. Good job. I don't think I could pull that one off.

LoraLee said...

Um, I tagged you too...LOL Go see! It is ALL Numeds fault!

david mcmahon said...

I really liked your six-word memoir.

I noticed your sentence in an earlier post saying ``no one tags me to do anything''.

Why not check out the Weekend Wandering question I posed on Sunday: ``What was your worst camera nightmare''?