My three year old belongs at a rave.

I'm just saying...

The scene: I'm sitting at my desk doing something productive (okay, I was checking out a blog, I won't lie) while the wee little one (aka She Who Rules) plays behind me in her "Princess House".

It's quiet. It's too quiet.


"Mama?" A tiny voice feigning innocence pipes up from directly behind me.

"Yeah Baby?" Like a scene from a movie, in slow motion I rotate in my computer chair and am greeted by my angelic little snowflake.

Covered in gold glitter. From head to toe.


God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change....

Hey, the Serenity Prayer doesn't just apply to alcoholics.

"Little girl, what have you done? You look like you're ready for a rave!" I reach for my camera, conveniently located two feet away in it's home on my desk.

"A RAWVE!!!!" She Who Rules is impressed with herself. Hell, I can't argue, I'm impressed. She has glitter in her ears. It's in her hair. It's in her damn nose. There's a trail of gold glitter leading from her Princess House to my chair with tiny footprints stamped in it.


At least it's not Ajax or kitty litter.

7 comments:

Laura said...

She is just...ADORABLE!!! And totally three years old!

what a doll! (and what fun to clean up, I'm sure!)

:o) Laura

Anonymous said...

Too cute for words. She looks like she is straight out of a Botticelli painting!

Stacey said...

or paint.. or sunblock (see myspace entitled "you can't watch them all the time..)
or as your future cardio did.. powder and TP..

Unknown said...

I bet that was a blast to clean up! She is too cute

Detail Medic said...

She's a girl. AND blond. There's SUPPOSED to be glitter. Oh. And it'll be there forever and ever...

Jay G said...

At least it's not poop.

Which I have found my downstairs bathroom decorated in. When Baby Girl G. was left unattended after a box of raisins...

Yeah. The unbridled joys of parenthood always seem to gloss over these types of incidents...

Epijunky said...

Hey Laura: I'm *still* cleaning it up.

Lola: Thank you so much for the compliment. She does have her cute moments.

Stacey: Thanks for the reminder :)

EMS Chick: She knows it too. She did get to help me clean up.

DM: Good point. I have a feeling I have a lot of this in my future.

JayG: We've done poop, kitty litter, the obligatory baby powder, Vaseline and combinations of the above. I should be a pro by now.