Kindergartners Scare Me (EMS Week 2006)

Okay... so tomorrow I'm going to take a rig to the Future Cardiologist's school and give a little talk on EMS.

I'm terrified.

Don't get me wrong, they're a great bunch of kids. They really are. But the idea of keeping their wandering attention spans kinda freaks me out. I don't want to bore them, because as any teacher knows, a bored kindergarten class can be dangerous.

I've got some basic points that I want to touch on... When to call 911, when not to... Who will show up if they call 911, what happens on an ambulance... The importance of seat belts... I'm going to let them climb through the rig, sit in the drivers seat, run the lights and sirens (briefly)... I want it to be fun and exciting for them. I don't want them to be... bored. :)

I don't know who I'm going with, I hope it's someone who's not afraid to talk.

Why is it that I'd rather spend an hour with a drunk homeless person than a kindergarten class? What have I gotten myself in to?

It should be a treat :) Can't hardly wait.

No comments: